Does Rite Aid accept Apple Pay? How do you know who accepts it?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by melman101, May 8, 2015.

1. melman101 macrumors 68030

As the title says, does Rite Aid accept Apple Pay? How do you know who accepts it? I went there, and I saw the NFC reader and it had a green light but I chickened out because I didn't see an Apple Pay sticker. So I paid regularly.

But I'm dying to use Apple Pay :)

2. dandrewk macrumors 6502

Rite Aid is not on this list:

https://www.apple.com/apple-pay/where-to-use-apple-pay/

But that's only for specific Apple Pay merchants. There are plenty NFC terminals that accept Apple Pay.

The only way to know is to try. Tell the cashier you want to try NFC. If the NFC is active (there are many generic terminals that have NFC icons but have not been set up for it) there is a good chance it will be accepted.

3. Aussiebob2322 macrumors newbie

i don't know about stores, but on the apple website it says that Citi cards are with apple pay.
    so i have tried to get my ATT universal, and sears card set up(both are citi), and the citi website specifically excludes these cards WTF

4. PLamarine macrumors 6502

PLamarine

I used my Apple Watch for the first time at Shaws Supermarket. Worked like a dream!

5. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

I just tried at Rite-Aid on Wednesday, the day after I got my watch. It "worked" as in it dinged at me and everything, but then a message popped up on the terminal saying rite-aid has disabled mobile payments (which is because they are part of that ridiculous Walmart CurrentC group). I had to frown and pull out my regular credit card and swipe it.

Rite-Aid DID support NFC until ApplePay came along and CurrentC was announced. The terminals are ready for it. They're just being stupid about it. I can't wait for CurrentC to finally get here and flop so we can move forward to the future.

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Yep. The places it definitely works are these:
    https://www.apple.com/apple-pay/where-to-use-apple-pay/

There are likely other places that accept NFC payments that aren't on the list. My local dry cleaners for example, just a mom & pop store, has an active NFC reader on their register that works with  Pay, as do the vending machines at my workplace.

7. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

Ok that's what I thought would happen. Thanks for confirming :)

-----

Yeah I can't wait till this is everywhere.