Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Or does it only work on newer devices? I can't find any information about whether or not this feature will be available on my iPhone.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
I wonder how much extra power that uses since it has to be constantly listening. And, since it's constantly listening you might not want to openly discuss your plans for world domination. Just saying. ;)

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
It also works when not plugged in, but only when on the Siri page. i.e.- After you activated Siri but didn't say anything, or finished with a query and the Siri overlay is still on the UI.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
On a iPhone 4s?
How does iso 8 run on a 4s in general?

Pretty good, actually. No complains! I just notice a small lag in multitasking view if you have the Favourite Contacts turned on but you can always turn it off :)

AppleP59

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2014
Pretty good, actually. No complains! I just notice a small lag in multitasking view if you have the Favourite Contacts turned on but you can always turn it off :)

Great.
Nice to know you could happily get 3-4years use from a iPhone without being too out dated. So a 6 plus is only about €.60 a day. And then the resale price.

Last edited:

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
I loaded iOS 8 on my 4s this morning and so far it seems better than iOS7. I have not seen any more lag or "slowing" down then what i was used to on iOS 7. In fact it may be better (to soon to tell though).

I was JB on iOS7 so maybe there was some issues there that made iOS 7 slower or more lag (I did not use many tweaks though). I wanted to move to iOS 8 so i was used to it when I start using my 6 Plus in October.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.