Does SBSettings/Activator kill battery?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mojoe24, Aug 25, 2010.

1. mojoe24 macrumors regular

My battery will drop 10-12% overnight sometimes. I can't imagine that being normal. I deleted SBSettings and the battery seems to be doing better. I plan to try it out again tonight to verify. Is this common, or am I just missing something that is causing it?

2. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

I havent expiermented with it on or off because it is one of my most used JB apps, gotta have it.

3. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Mine only drops 1% overnight. Might be another app(s). Are you fetching any data?

4. mojoe24 thread starter macrumors regular

What do you mean fetching data?

I recently upgraded to iOS4 so I don't have many Cydia apps installed. What I have now is Five Icon Dock, IBlank, Infinifolders, Quickreply SMS, and 3G Unrestrictor. Would any of those be the culprit?

5. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

a lot of us are experiencing more-rapid battery drain since jb'ing, and the forums are filled with theories...hard to be sure what it is (but i'd like to know too...)...

6. mojoe24 thread starter macrumors regular

Seems to be draining faster than when I was on 3.1.2 and had more installed, including ProSwitcher.

7. The LPT macrumors regular

i deleted sbsettings but left activator. I was getting better battery life with sbsettings gone while still leaving wifi and bluetooth constantly on.

8. mota macrumors newbie

i found that battery life has a been a bit worse since jb. however when i did have major battery drain i noticed i forgot to exit out of apps and they would be kept open on the multitask. after those were closed my battery life went back to also pre jb

9. Dizle macrumors 6502

I have both and use them frequently and can say they do not kill the battery. I can get over two days of standby with seven to eight hours of regular usage

10. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I have both SBSettings and Activator too (among a bunch of other jb apps) and I'd noticed that my battery life after the jb (3GS) had gotten pretty bad.

A few days ago I decided to run the battery completely out and then recharge it to 100% to see if it would make any difference. It did. I've gotten fantastic battery life since doing that, so maybe try it?

The numbers, just off the top of my head...before draining the battery, I would use the phone throughout the day to check things like Twitter, Facebook. I'd use Safari to check in on my fantasy football...in other words, things that drain the battery. By the end of the night, I'd have 10-20% battery left.

After draining it and doing the exact same things, I've now got about 40-50% battery life left at the end of the night.

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I get much the same results. SBSettings is not the problem. I’d look into one of the mobile substrate addons being the culprit for those who think they have battery problems and who have made sure the normal battery killers are not the problem.

12. Dizle macrumors 6502

here's a screen shot

this is with 3g on all the time except from midnight- 8am so 16 hrs total it was off.

Attached Files:

13. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

14. Dizle macrumors 6502

lots of txting, intra webz, fb, emails, and various other apps. Not many calls though. No music or videos.