Does screen protector help?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hcho3, Aug 26, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Should I get a screen protector for iphone 4? I don't want scratch on my iphone 4. Please advise.

2. celticpride678

According to Apple, the display won't scratch. But if you spend a few hours on here, you'll see otherwise. It's your call.

3. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

4. ajax43 macrumors regular

I use one on my ip4, used one on my ip3G. I like 'em.. Slightly off-topic, I also use one on my ipad and the other day my cat knocked said ipad off the desk and straight onto our baseboard heater unit. Scratched the hell out of the screen protector. I saw a big gash in the middle of the screen, peeled off the film expecting to see the same gash in the device...nada. Pristine. The screen protector protected:D. I will for sure now never be naked again!!! (except for fun time!!)

5. XRanger7 macrumors newbie

I got the antigrease screen cover and it's great. no more fingerprint smudges, my phone always looks so clean and shiny now

6. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Ohh anti grease?? Which protector is this now?

7. XRanger7 macrumors newbie

8. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I've used one on every iPhone I've had, including the iPhone 4 and have never regretted it. It was a necessity in places with lots of sand (Iraq) and have found it to be equally valuable here in the more peaceful beaches of Southern California!
    The plastic takes the hit and not the screen. When it gets too nasty, simply replace it. I have to tell you that my 3 g (which just gave way to an iPhone 4) looks as good as it did the day I bought it.
    I don't care if Steve calls the front of the iPhone 4 gorilla glass or whatever... you show me gorilla glass and I'll show you a monkey who can mess it up!:p

9. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

We'll see after I drag it across a typical MacRumors forum member's face.

10. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Apple has done a stellar job of applying the Oleophobic Coating. Not only does it minimize fingerprints, but it enhances the responsiveness of the display. To cover it with any form of protector is to rob yourself of one of the phones great features.

I'm addition it's been my personal experience that the coating is very scratch resistant. It's nearly impossible to keep any phone perfect, why not relax and enjoy it as it was designed to be used.