Does Screen Protector Hide Blemishes on Glass?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by KAB2010, May 12, 2014.

1. KAB2010 macrumors 6502

iPhone 5S has permanent scuff marks from a previous owner's Otterbox Defender case, and I am curious if any screen protector will hide this (plus protect it in the future, of course).

Any relatively cheap ones that also have no weird effect at different angles? Basically, I'd like one that you cannot even tell is there.

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

There are some that are better than others. They will hide some defects. They are not real expensive, check out Amazon and see how the buyers have reviewed them.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The salesmen at the Ghost Armor kiosk at my local mall made that claim. I don't have scuff marks on my phone, so its not something I looked into

4. KAB2010 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hope I run into some salesmen soon. I simply cannot apply these things without having air bubbles.

5. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

My Zagg glass definitely hides the faint hairline scratches that my screen has. Of course now the protector is pretty scratched up in its own right so its almost time to take it off.

6. PmmDan1310 macrumors newbie

Glass shouldn't have permanent air bubbles. At least the ones I've seen with adhesive across the entire surface.

Dust trapped between the screen and screen protector on the other hand might look like an air bubble.

If you have bad luck and/or really dusty environment try installing in the bathroom after running the shower on hot for a few minutes.

7. 11bE5 macrumors 6502

11bE5

My zagg Ike did I had minor scratches on my screen and the zagg glass hid them very well

8. alexander2020 macrumors newbie

ebay

Plenty of good stuff available on ebay, I bought mine from gearmaxx on ebay for 5s but not sure whether it would hide the scuffs or not.

For mine, I did not have any scratches and I installed myself without any bubbles. It cost me something like 12 bucks and free shipping. Reasonable cost I would say though there are some real cheap ones available a well.

Regarding the protector, I can hardly notice it is there and gives a pretty descent protection from scratches too.
    :D

9. brucecottonmout macrumors member