Does Screen Resolution Cause Display Problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sadeck123, Dec 22, 2014.

1. sadeck123 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I bought my retina Macbook Pro 15 inch with dedicated graphics on Saturday, However i am noticing horizontal lines on the display. Its only when i am using the larger text resolution (2560x1600) that i notice it. Does screen resolution cause this problem? Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks

2. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

You need to get it fixed under warranty. At 2560x1600 I do not get any lines, not to they appear at any other resolution.

The default 1440x900 that is standard out of the box is actually 2880x1800 that is shrunken by 1/4 so you should be able to run at the lower resolution. Are you using the Iris card or the Nvidia card? It would help the repair people fix the issue.

3. sadeck123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you have an LG or Samsung Display?
    I owned 3 LG's and it's the same problem.

4. nerowolfe macrumors member

Just tried that res using Display Menu, runs fine. 2012 15" rMBP with Samsung panel running Yosemite.

5. sadeck123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Here are some examples of what's happening. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ7vZi7hGgg

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If its brand new and not operating the way you want/expect. Then definitely take it back and get it exchanged. It doesn't matter if its an LG or samsung display. Its defective.

7. sadeck123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Getting it replaced soon. Is there a way to predetermine what screen is inside, Maybe a serial number or build week.