Does Selling this way make any sense

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheRiseofTheFal, Aug 5, 2008.

1. TheRiseofTheFal macrumors regular

TheRiseofTheFal

I'm trying to figure this out, realistically my friends mom can get me an unlimited number of subsidized iphones...naturally I have to be there to activate and contract which isnt a problem for me and my credit is good...I'm curious if I buy lets say two 8gb phones, is it possible to sell the second one and turn a profit on it? Would i need to wait the 30 days so I wouldnt have to return it or could I sell it and just wait thirty days and cancel the contract? Does this make any fiduciary sense? any and all ideas, opinions and suggestions would be helpful

2. TheRiseofTheFal thread starter macrumors regular

TheRiseofTheFal

Also say I sell both and terminate service after one month do I pay TWO ETF's or just ONE? the way I see it is I could sign up for a family talk plan 130, pay 400 for the phones, and pay the ETF... So that would be 710 total for two phones, which are going for roughly 700-750 each on Ebay, profit roughly 700-800 dollars? does this sound silly? I could also technically do this an unlimited amount through her company opinions?

3. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

well after thirty days i would think you would have to pay a bill and on top of that i think its 200 to cancel the contract. so figure 100 for the first bill and 200 to cancel which is 300 so you would have to get over 600 bucks in order to make a profit.. prob more then 600 actually becuase theres a 36$ activation fee and also tax on the phones.. (300 for the phone and 300 for the first bill and cancelation fee.)
    if there werent so many iphone 3gs on ebay already i would say its worth it but personally i dont think it would be worth it

espo

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Give it a shot; good luck. I just sold one on CL $475 and one on eBay for $415, never doubted I would make pretty good money in a short period of time...:cool: