Does Siri automatically type commas for you?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 23, 2012.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

I don't have the new iPhone yet
    But I wonder if Siri puts commas and periods for you automatically.

2. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

Not that I've found, I have to awkwardly say.... "Hello comma my name is comma Kirk full stop'

Very handy for those words I have no idea how to spell though :)

Attached Files:

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Other than reading about Siri, my first real life encounter happened while enjoying coffee with a friend at Starbucks.

Suddenly this pleasant peaceful room was interrupted by the annoying squawk of Siri's "voice" & resultant loud voice of a user interacting with "her". So impressed with himself, the self absorbed Apple devotee drew stares from everyone seated.

Now basking in the atrention he drew to himself one could see him beaming proudly with his new toy.

It's a Steve Jobs "look at me" gimmick at it's finest.

Anything Siri can do, I'm certainly not to lazy to do, and much faster at that!

Siri?

No Thank You.

Never used it, hate it, never will use it.

4. meskida macrumors newbie

I've never used Siri in public, doubt I ever will, but I do use it at home from time to time, I'd rather tell Siri "wake me up at 8" than setting the alarm myself, she's faster at that!

5. entatlrg, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012

entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

You never used it? Yet you hate it? Now that's interesting, lol :rolleyes:

You rarely if ever have anything nice to say about Apple or Steve Jobs, or fans of Apple products hence the reason your post should be taken lightly.

I use Siri numerous times a day since the 4S. It's fast, accurate, saves me loads of time, from scheduling, dictation, directions, checking stocks, searching local restaurants etc its excellent and a HUGE time saver.

If fact this was posted with using Siri, faster than anyone could ever type on a smartphone or tablet.

Just takes a tiny bit of practice and no it's not necessary to 'loud speaker' Siri in a Starbucks any more than it is to take a call on speakerphone ... doing so doesn't make Siri bad, it makes the user rude ....

6. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

I say the same thing about that silly "rat" thing pretentious people keep moving around with their hand.:D

7. gsugolfer macrumors 6502a

gsugolfer

I've used it once. To ask the score of the Braves game while I was driving down the road.

Can't see myself ever using it in public or regularly.

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

What this guy said. Most humans can't figure out how to use commas, so I figured Siri would need instructions. She does. Very nice how she interprets that plus "period".