Does SIRI know it's you talking?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Piggie, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Simple but quite an important issue if you think about it.

If I was blind and listening to you speak to me, and someone else said something behind you, or shouted over your shoulder, or was sitting next to me, I'd still know to separate you, the person I was listening to from the others speaking around me. Even if I could not see you as I would know your voice.

Does SIRI do this?

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Of course not. Siri just listens and dictates. I used my coworkers phone and Siri understood me just fine.

3. sedril macrumors member

I've had good luck so far with a noisy background, but I think that's more noise cancellation rather than SIRI knowing who is talking, I would guess she doesn't... Maybe someone knows for sure....

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I agree with the above poster. It probably has something to do with the noise cancellation mic on the top of the 4 and 4s.

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Well if Apple said Siri learns your voice over time, it probably isn't a good idea to have someone else use your phone for Siri, right?

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I'd say so. Although I doubt someone using your device a handful of times will through Siri off. You do make a good point, however.

7. slr001 macrumors member

get a couple of friends and give siri a command that you know works... but each of you say some of the words in the command. Split the cammand between the 3 of you.

There is your answer