Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Does Siri play songs from my library or from Apple Music?

Lifetimechaldo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
I am saying "Play J. cole" and it is responding with "Here are some popular songs by J. cole". I am worried that these songs are songs from Apple Music and using my data even though I have the same exact songs stored on my device.

Phil A.

Staff member
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
If you've got an Apple music subscription, "your library" is just Apple Music that you have downloaded - it will show songs from Apple music and if you don't have the song downloaded it will play it via streaming. If you have the songs downloaded to your device, it will use those

Comment

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
I am saying "Play J. cole" and it is responding with "Here are some popular songs by J. cole". I am worried that these songs are songs from Apple Music and using my data even though I have the same exact songs stored on my device.
Any songs it plays that you have offline will be played from offline... Turn on airplane mode during playback to test

Comment

Lifetimechaldo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
Right, by what about when I ONLY want it to play songs that I have actually synced to my phone through iTunes (and not use data)

Reactions: Sirious
Comment

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
For me it only plays a few percent of the songs I ask. EG: Play Queen, another one bites the dust.

Siri says: Playing another one bites the dust by Queen but nothing actually happens!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.