Does Siri switch to the music app?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by TwoBytes, Sep 9, 2013.

1. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

In iOS 6 when asking Siri to shuffle a band or play music it doesn't take you to the music app which I find quite annoying. Has this changed with iOS 7?

2. matttye macrumors 601

Not sure why that's desirable behaviour! Can't you just say 'open music' afterwards?

3. TwoBytes thread starter macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

When asking to play a song, I'd like album art, volume, ability to skip songs etc so I'd like the music app open. In fact, not sure why when asking to play music there is still a need to talk to siri as you get into active listening

4. joshforman macrumors regular

You don't need to be in the music app to do any of those things. It's all available from the lock screen, or via hardware buttons or a headset…:). Also, a recent change added a now playing button to take you right to that song

I'm not like you, so I don't particularly care to be taken to the music app after playing something. I just want something to start playing.

5. matttye macrumors 601

I'd rather it sticks to doing what is asked, as otherwise sometimes it will group multiple actions together when only one is actually wanted. You can say 'open music' and then play it manually, or 'shuffle <playlist>' and then 'open music', or 'open music' then 'shuffle <playlist>.'

In iOS 7 music controls are in control centre, so they're only a swipe away, if that helps. It's at least a bit easier to get to those controls than the ones in the current multitasking bar.

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

It's made that way and its supposed to work like that.

If you want to see that info either due it from the lock screen or have the music app open.