Does skyfire work on all sites?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by newdeal, Feb 21, 2011.

1. newdeal macrumors 68020

When I first tried skyfire it didn't work on all of the sites I visit with flash video. does it work on all sites now or are there still some it doesn't work on. Its hard to say which sites because I like to watch videos at www.mmatko.com and they seem to collect videos from a variety of sources

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

No, I think you will find it still only works in limited circumstances

3. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

It doesn't work for MOST sites.

I'd say there has been about 30-40 times that I've tried to use it to play a Flash video on various sites around the web. Times it has worked successfully? One. Don't waste your money.

4. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I second this. Get Atomic Browser. It's a universal app (which means you don't have to buy it twice), and i've found it to be infinitely better. 90% of the flash videos I've tried don't work and the ones that do look atrocious.

5. pricej636 macrumors 6502

Dont waste your money on skyfire. I have yet to read a positive review about it.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

7. Gryzor macrumors 6502

I haven't hit one site this year on my iPad that requires flash...why are people so bothered about it? If it's such a big deal, you bought the wrong product for your needs, and you knew this right at the beginning. Even Xoom is shipping without flash support, because that's how bad it is.

8. AFPoster macrumors 65816

From my understanding if you know a site that doesn't work you can e-mail Skyfire and they'll try and add it.

9. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Honestly, I was only ever able to make the flash functionality work about 5 times the entire 5 or 6 months that I used Skyfire. I could spend the rest of the life reporting sites that don't work. The actual main reason I liked it was because it allowed me to quickly choose between the mobile version of a site and the "real" version. Of course I could do this with a jailbreak hack, but it was a pain.

I've been using Atomic browser for a couple of weeks now and it's so far very much superior. It's full screen, it allows you to quickly change your user-agent, it's a universal app (I was NOT going to pay for Skyfire again on my iPad), and it doesn't run Flash.

10. Resist macrumors 68030

Wish I did that prior to purchasing it. I feel so cheated.