Does Sleep Mode drain battery?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sportsfrk214, Feb 10, 2008.

1. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

If press the button on the top of my iPod Touch to put it to sleep, and my internet is turned off and I'm not playing music, does the battery drain at all? Thanks

2. br1anc macrumors regular

it probably drains some battery but not that much as if you were playing music in sleep mode.

3. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

it drains, but so slow you wouldnt see a change until after several days/ week.
    I put mine to sleep sometimes when i have my MBP with me, and a week goes by... I turn it off sleep and it has not changed much at all. Its like stand by.

4. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

5. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I always have mine in sleep mode. Otherwise it's too much a hassle to turn it on and off for as often as i use it. It doesn't drain the battery much at all. Ever since the new Apps were installed, i'm always playing with it.

6. thesdx macrumors 6502a

I've left my iPod touch on for 2 days straight, and the battery indicator didn't move. I left it on for 4 days, and it changed slightly, but was still almost a full charge. You can leave it on and it will barely use any batteries.

7. sers macrumors regular

I rarely turn mine off. It's always in sleep mode. And yes, it does drain the battery, but very slowly.

8. thesdx macrumors 6502a

Same with me. I left it in my car for a long time, and the battery icon didn't even change.

9. nvalter macrumors newbie

Macbook drains battery quickly in sleep mode! Help!

I have been reading the posts that in sleep mode, a Mac's battery drains very slowly. However in my case, my battery drains down to zero after one night.

My battery is 100%, when I stop running applications and I disconnect the power supply at night. The next morning the battery is at zero. The screen goes black after a few minutes, and no applications are running while it drains.

I have a new black Macbook. Can someone please help! Thanks!

10. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

If a unit is on (any unit)(any state of "on") it will drain a battery.

11. Resist macrumors 68030

Think about what you just said for a minute. Sleep does not mean off. So yes it does use power during sleep, just not a lot.

12. tennez macrumors regular

Mine does not drain any battery while it is in sleep mode..

13. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Sleep doesn't use much battery life as far as I can tell. I can however tell you that turning off your iPod and turning it back on takes quite a toll on the battery life. Try it... boot your iPod touch a couple of times in a row and you'll be quickly down to have battery life in no time at all. Sleep is the way to go... I NEVER turn off my iPod touch, I just let it sleep.