Does Snow Leopard re-enable switching Energy Saver profiles from the menu bar?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by devburke, Jul 29, 2009.

1. devburke Guest

For some reason, I believe around 10.5.5 or 10.5.6, the ability to change Energy Saver profiles from the menu bar was removed. Can anyone with a dev version of SL tell me if this ability was brought back? It was really useful for switching to "Custom" when I didn't want the screen saver to kick in or screen to go to sleep. I know Caffeine does this, but I'd rather not install something extra just to do that. Now I have to QS into the Energy Saver preferences to do it.

2. mrbrightside623 macrumors regular

That is actually strange. In 10.5.4 we had that drop down menu in the menu bar. 10.5.5 made it disappear. 10.5.6 comes out and only a handful of people have said to see it come back. I, for one am one. I loved how it was there because it was hassle free for switching between energy saving profiles. I'm glad it came back for me but I don't know why it hasn't for everyone else.
    I hope SL doesn't disable it again ~_~

-Tony

3. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

It depends on what computer your have. The option was removed when intergrated-nvidia macs were introduced but restored in the next update for non intergrated-nvidia macs only.

4. devburke thread starter Guest

Oh wow I'm an idiot! It actually is back for me! I just never checked cuz I never heard any reports of it coming back!

5. utwarreng macrumors 6502

utwarreng

I had it back on my integrated graphics Macbook with the last version of Leopard, then upgraded to Snow Leopard and it's no longer there :mad::mad::mad:

If anyone can tell me how to reenable this, please do share, because it's something I used quite often.

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

7. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

This may seem like a petty reason for not upgrading to SL for some, but for me it is the deciding factor. I simply cannot part with this invaluable feature. :apple:, once again, bring this feature back!

8. KazOFF macrumors newbie