Does Snow Leopard SHIP 8/28 or is it DELIVERED 8/28?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Boesky, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Boesky macrumors 6502

2. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

DELIVERED!

Read what it says on Apple's site........

S-

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Follow up question - how can someone who's used the up to date program fid out their order has been confirmed?

4. belvdr macrumors 603

For the US, that is correct. It seems our overseas friends will have it shipped on 8/28. But you are correct, one should check their invoice to see what it states.

5. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

Login to your account on Apple and check the order status? Mine still says ships in September, really hope I get it on Friday though.

6. Crysalis macrumors member

7. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

I think it will be delivered 28/08 and available on sale also the same day

8. Storm Shadow macrumors regular

To confirm, the US Apple store says "delivered 28 Aug" whereas the UK Apple store says "shipped 28 Aug".

I spoke to someone on live chat on the UK store and they said that in the UK, Snow Leopard will ship on Aug 28 and to expect delivery within 5-7 business days.

Also take into account that this weekend is a bank holiday and Monday 31 does not necessarily count as a business day.

9. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Judging by past releases the release date is usually the same date you get it delivered.

Apple wants everyone to get it on the same day..+/- a day or two for delays.

That's how it worked in the past.

10. Chris.Thomson macrumors member

If you ordered online through the Up-to-Date program, just go to apple.com/orderstatus. Otherwise, I'd suggest phoning Apple to confirm.

11. paulbeattie87 macrumors regular

This would be the first time in pre-order history that I know of where a product is shipped on release date, rather than be shipped out for the release date.

I guess if it doesn't arrive by the Saturday I'll pirate and get a refund from Apple for being silly. :D :p

12. liamdaly macrumors newbie

If it doesn't arrive Friday, I may go to Brent Cross to pick it up. But like you said preorders are normally shipped several days before so they arrive on release date. If that didn't happen people would simply shop elsewhere or use the high street.

13. paulbeattie87 macrumors regular

Or you could just vote with your feet for them being stupid. I think people these days just accept crap from companies, I mean we are already paying a premium to get Snow Leopard over our friends stateside, why accept shoddy service to boot?

I mean at the end of the day, if Apple want your £25 enough they can work for. If they want to ship them out so users don't get them until next week then it's clear they don't value your custom.

14. liamdaly macrumors newbie

Exactly. We shall see what happens Friday, it being a bank holiday I am sure that will cause problems for some peoples shipment.