Does Speck case cause loose hinge in MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by penyekz, Jun 24, 2009.

1. penyekz macrumors newbie

I just bought a clear speck case for the MBA. I noticed that the case weighs a little bit and when the top cover is on, at a certain angle, it closes the MBA due to the sheer weight.

Over time, will this loosen the hinge?

On another point, how the **** do you get the top cover off easily? I scratched the cover with a credit card the first time around! The thing is almost impossible to pry off!

2. robindahlia789 macrumors regular

Can't speak for the air but...

I have the speck satin on my aluminum MacBook and the only time the case closes its self is when the screen is tilted almos closed. And I wouldn't try and view my screen with it closed that low
    as for taking the case off, the bottom is easy. As for the top what I do is push the bottom right off with my fingers once that is off I close the lid I just pull it straight up from the bottom right clip that I pushed off. Just break it in for a bit and the top case will loosen up

3. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

The Macbook Air hinge seems weak to begin with. The pressure needed to move the screen is significantly less than my Macbook Pro 'classic'. Thus, I would naturally be weary about adding any additional weight to that hinge.

4. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I had it for my MacBook Air rev A and current rev C. The hinges are stressed more then without but it doesn't seem to "break" it if thats what you;re worried about. Besides, thats what warranties are for