iPhone Does Springtomize have any effect on the phone's performance?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by stephen1108, Feb 13, 2013.

1. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

RAM wise, battery wise, or overall smoothness of operation? I did a search on the board but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Can those who use Springtomize give their 2 cents? I've used it in the past on my 4S and I felt like it had a negative effect on my phone. Maybe now it's different though....

2. Batman89 macrumors 6502

I don't have specifics on RAM, but I haven't seen any performance issues whatsoever. It's speedy and haven't experienced any lag; arguably my favorite jailbreak tweak.

For the record, I'm on a Verizon 32gb iPhone 5.

3. Maverik3 macrumors 6502

This... but I'm using a 4s but I also don't think I have a ton of other tweaks/apps weighing it down

4. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I haven't noticed any performance hits on my iPhone 5. I don't monitor RAM usage, so I can't comment there.

5. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Not that I've noticed. It had a few bugs in previous versions but those have all been rectified and its a must have app if you're jailbroken.

6. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

seems no different to me enabled or disabled (outside, of course, of the tweaks i'm using). 4S user..

7. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

It does have a noticeable effect on RAM (iPad 3), but not a significant impact, little under 100mb.

8. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I am using Springtomize, Winterboard, Color Keyboard, Clock Builder (custom lock screen), Barrel (Icon Collection), Zeppelin, Cyntact, biteSMS, and custom signal and WiFi bars... Surprisingly, my phone's performance has not been affected one bit. It is just as smooth and speedy as ever.

I'm using iPhone 5 (32 GB Verizon). With my iPhone 4, I felt like jailbreak stuff affected performance but it was worth it. On the 5, I can't believe how fast and smooth everything still is.

9. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

If you get Accelerate and set the speed to "Ferrari" or faster, you will not notice any speed decreases. Guaranteed.:D

BTW, 4S with OS6.1.1 on AT&T.

10. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816