Does Starcraft II play well in 10.6.5?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by acribb, Dec 29, 2010.

1. acribb macrumors regular

I just (finally) ordered Starcraft II and was wondering what the latest word was on its playability under 10.6.5 on a 15" MacBook Pro 2.66 i7 with the 330M. I would like to play it on the built-in hi-res 1680 x 1050 screen or on an external 1920 x 1200 monitor.

Is there a big difference between gaming on OSX 10.6.5 vs. Windows 7 x64 bootcamp?

I read that 10.6.4 was horrible performance wise, but I haven't heard much regarding 10.6.5 and Starcraft II.

Thanks for any advice/opinions.

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

There was a small improvement but still nothing close to Windows. It'll still be playable but it'll depend on your preference. I personally prefer the Windows version and wouldn't install the Mac version.

3. ZebOfMac macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

I have found it easier to play in windows. The graphics are ok inside of OS X but the ability to multi button mouse in windows makes it a lot easier to play.

4. acribb thread starter macrumors regular

So it's easier to use a mouse with a right and left click/scroll wheel than the MacBook trackpad?

Sigh....

I guess I will put my Windows 7 partition back on.......

5. ZebOfMac macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

Yes, and graphically my windows machine is a lot more advanced... Wonder when apple will lead in graphics again for their laptops.

6. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

lol