Does strumming on your macbook cause damage???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rienhh, Nov 10, 2013.

1. rienhh macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I am a new mac user and i have a ridiculous question to ask and i can't help but think of it.

I am very clumsy and i have hit my macbook a few times with my arms. I also have an annoying habit of using my thumbs to hit/strum on my macbook air's aluminium body at the strip of edge surface located at the bottom(i.e area below the bottom of the trackpad and around it). I can literally feel the vibration from my actions sometimes.

I am just wondering whether the vibrations/impact of my fingers hitting the aluminium will damage/affect any internal parts e.g. logic board, trackpad or battery?

Any feedback/comments are welcomed.
    Sorry if it was a stupid question and I'm too ocd.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It won't hurt anything. The only thing that may not like it is the hard drive, but if you model has a SSD, strum away you can't hurt it.

3. rienhh thread starter macrumors newbie

Really?? I was afraid that the vibrations will cause some parts e.g trackpad to be affected/ become loose in future.

I am going to kick this annoying habit soon but i am just so afraid that it would have already caused damage to my macbook because it looks so fragile

regards

4. isephmusic macrumors 6502

i play drum on my mac all the time. its a nice build machine dude they can take a lot. the mac airs can REALLy take a lot

5. rienhh thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, u mean you strum your fingers on it too? because i always hit at that particular part of the macbook and its near the trackpad and battery so i am afraid it will make it misaligned or something

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Very sure. They were designed to be typed on. Typing on them causes all kinds of vibrations and such. Simply tapping on the palmrest won't cause problems.

7. rienhh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. so sorry i feel like a noob at this. But i did not only tap on the palm rest, i also used my thumb to strike hard at the strip of aluminium edge below the trackpad.

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You still won't cause any damage to the machine.

9. rienhh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much for your reply. I am at ease now

Thanks!

10. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

I am a drummer, so as a habit, I'm always "drumming" on my machine... Pretty hard

You won't hurt these things, they are built very well.

11. Orr macrumors 6502

Orr

12. pupilla macrumors member

I wouldn't worry about this sort of stuff too easily.

My MacBook air's chassis is - and I kid you not - shaped like this due to certain events (not my own fault):

[​IMG]

And it still works flawlessly.

13. triplelucky macrumors regular

The glass trackpad surface is more fragile than I thought it would be. Once I broke one by applying to much pressure on a corner of it. So I would think that if you use it like a drum pad you might break yours too.