Does such a news/blog/reader app exist?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by beaster, Oct 18, 2010.

1. beaster macrumors member

beaster

OK, so I'm looking for an app that may not exist yet (if not and you steal my idea and build it and make a million dollars, a shout-out would be nice). I want an iPad app that has 2 parts. The first runs on my Mac and allows me to drag and drop... well basically anything I want (url's, PDFs, RSS feeds, pictures, whatever - any content I come across surfing but don't have time to "consume" right then and there) into a virtual bucket of sorts. And then whatever I drop in this bucket gets sync'd to the cloud and automagically shows up on my iPad, in a "pretty" app (like Flipboard) that allows me to sift through it and catch up on my reading from the couch/airplane/whatever.

Is there something like that out there already?

Thanks,
    Sean

2. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yeah. Is not "pretty," but sure does everything else OP asked for.

4. melman101 macrumors 68030

What about Pulse? I've never used it but I heard it was good.

5. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Read It Later is exactly what you want. Whenever you visit a page you want to read later you just click their bookmarklet and it will save it. Then you can access it on the iPhone/iPad app. There's also a really cool Digest feature on the iPad that lays out all your links like a newspaper or magazine.

[​IMG]

6. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

very cool, I'll have to check these out later.

7. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Another option might be a 'note-taking' app like Evernote. This is what I use to group links or tid-bits on a subject I am researching or interested in, or to generally keep track of all the things I want to remember. It's not as narrowly focused as Instapaper or Read it later, but it is far more flexible. Depending on what you want, you may find both useful.

8. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

Read It Later is the app you want. One of my favorites.

9. Zcott macrumors 68020

Would have to disagree here: I find Instapaper very pretty because it removes all the useless stuff on a story and concentrates entirely on the content. It's one of my most used apps.

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I do like it, for the same reason you do, and it IS one of my top ten apps, also. But I'll never call it "pretty"! Clean, lean, plain, and very easy to use, but visually very sparse, esp. considering OP's feature wishlist.

11. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

Likewise, I find the elegant minimalism of Instapaper very appealing. Sometimes less is more.

12. beaster thread starter macrumors member

beaster

Thanks folks, I'll check out Read It Later and Instapaper.