does switch audio converter work on songs purchased from iTunes?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by chyea!, Jan 15, 2012.

1. chyea!, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012

chyea! Guest

Does anybody know if songs bought off of itunes will sound better if I converted them to AIFF with switch audio converter? I'm pretty sure I've heard that you can't convert an audio file to a higher quality format but I'm not sure.

2. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

No, there is no magic software that will make an iTunes-purchased file sound better. You cannot increase the amount of original digital information encoded in the track.

Honestly, if you have to ask a question like this, I'm surprised you are concerned about the sound quality of iTunes music. 256 kbps files are more than good enough for most people.

3. chyea! thread starter Guest

I have never heard high quality music before and I am dying to hear some... I gotta have the best...the best or nothing!

4. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Then you'll either need to buy CDs and encode them using a lossless codec (FLAC/ALAC/AIFF) or download songs from sites like HDTracks.com which carry lossless CD quality files and sometimes higher bit/sample rate versions for some albums.

5. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

And also do some shopping here, so it will matter. :rolleyes:

Like I say, if you have songs purchased downloaded from iTunes, you have heard decently "high-quality" music. But good luck if you feel the need to go further.