does switch audio converter work on songs purchased from iTunes?

C

chyea!

Original poster
Does anybody know if songs bought off of itunes will sound better if I converted them to AIFF with switch audio converter? I'm pretty sure I've heard that you can't convert an audio file to a higher quality format but I'm not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperCachetes

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2010
Away from you
No, there is no magic software that will make an iTunes-purchased file sound better. You cannot increase the amount of original digital information encoded in the track.

Honestly, if you have to ask a question like this, I'm surprised you are concerned about the sound quality of iTunes music. 256 kbps files are more than good enough for most people.

C

chyea!

Original poster
I have never heard high quality music before and I am dying to hear some... I gotta have the best...the best or nothing!

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
I have never heard high quality music before and I am dying to hear some... I gotta have the best...the best or nothing!
Then you'll either need to buy CDs and encode them using a lossless codec (FLAC/ALAC/AIFF) or download songs from sites like HDTracks.com which carry lossless CD quality files and sometimes higher bit/sample rate versions for some albums.

SuperCachetes

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2010
Away from you
And also do some shopping here, so it will matter. :rolleyes:

Like I say, if you have songs purchased downloaded from iTunes, you have heard decently "high-quality" music. But good luck if you feel the need to go further.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.