Does T-Mobile do iPhone preorders?

eric3312

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Hey guys,

Every year I preorder the new iPhone at midnight on the first preorder day so that I can get the device on launch day. I currently have Verizon.

I am considering switching my cell service to T-Mobile and wanted to know if they do the same thing.

Will I be able to preorder from their site and get the latest device?

Anyone have experience with T mobile preorders?

justinf77

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2003
Yes, you can preorder through T-Mobile's website. They're usually available at the same time, 3AM EST on preorder day. The website can be a complete mess though compared to Verizon's, so be prepared for that. Also, probably not relevant for you, but you can't order online if you're on Jump On Demand - only Jump or regular orders.

chscag

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
T-Mobile does offer their existing customers an opportunity to pre-order the latest iPhone(s). However, I don't think they are quite as organized as Verizon is. Their site is usually difficult to navigate at those times. Also, I do not know if any of this applies to a new customer. If you're thinking of switching and want a new iPhone on launch day, you would be better off going into a T-Mobile local store and let them do the paper work for you. I have always found I get better service that way than trying to do anything on their website.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Hey guys,

Every year I preorder the new iPhone at midnight on the first preorder day so that I can get the device on launch day. I currently have Verizon.

I am considering switching my cell service to T-Mobile and wanted to know if they do the same thing.

Will I be able to preorder from their site and get the latest device?

Anyone have experience with T mobile preorders?
Yep, Magenta does take pre-orders. They also have their own backorder list too, so you may need to bring over your Verizon based device as it is unlocked and could be primed for a BYOD option to use service while you're waiting for your new product. Their pre-order process is relatively smooth. I got the GS8 pre-order on the last day and got it within a timely fashion close to the release date for a last second order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.