Does T-Mobile do iPhone preorders?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eric3312, Aug 15, 2017.

1. eric3312 macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

Every year I preorder the new iPhone at midnight on the first preorder day so that I can get the device on launch day. I currently have Verizon.

I am considering switching my cell service to T-Mobile and wanted to know if they do the same thing.

Will I be able to preorder from their site and get the latest device?

Anyone have experience with T mobile preorders?

2. justinf77 macrumors 6502

Yes, you can preorder through T-Mobile's website. They're usually available at the same time, 3AM EST on preorder day. The website can be a complete mess though compared to Verizon's, so be prepared for that. Also, probably not relevant for you, but you can't order online if you're on Jump On Demand - only Jump or regular orders.

3. chscag macrumors 68000

T-Mobile does offer their existing customers an opportunity to pre-order the latest iPhone(s). However, I don't think they are quite as organized as Verizon is. Their site is usually difficult to navigate at those times. Also, I do not know if any of this applies to a new customer. If you're thinking of switching and want a new iPhone on launch day, you would be better off going into a T-Mobile local store and let them do the paper work for you. I have always found I get better service that way than trying to do anything on their website.

4. eric3312 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the information everyone. Maybe I'll just preorder through Apple then.

5. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

Your decision to preorder via Apple is very wise.

6. nviz22 macrumors 68040

nviz22

Yep, Magenta does take pre-orders. They also have their own backorder list too, so you may need to bring over your Verizon based device as it is unlocked and could be primed for a BYOD option to use service while you're waiting for your new product. Their pre-order process is relatively smooth. I got the GS8 pre-order on the last day and got it within a timely fashion close to the release date for a last second order.

7. pgiannini1784 macrumors regular

Yes you can but like others have already started, it is a nightmare.