does tape work to fix signal problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMaconApple, Jun 26, 2010.

1. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

hmm just wondering i seen all them videos were the signal goes down when touch on antenna gaps...will putting tape work?

also speaking of signal does it affect the wifi too when you grip the gap on the bottom right side ? do you lose a some sort of line on wifi ?

2. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

3. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I've been told that using electric tape will work to solve the issue.

4. iMaconApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

dont have iphone 4 yet :D

electric tape:eek: that will make it ugly black on sides:eek: we should not have to fix or buy a case to fix signal problems..:rolleyes:

5. wr1020 macrumors regular

I tried electric tape on mine for the hell of it and it still lost a signal. I even put about 2-3 layers on and still got reception loss.

6. Walter Bell macrumors regular

Are you that damn lazy you can't try it yourself? Get up off your lazy ass and try your damn self! Hell you could have tried it and in the same amount of time it took you to make this damn post!

7. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

How bout you READ THE DAMN THREAD :mad:?

8. Anticlockwork macrumors newbie

Not only does your personality resemble the top most part of a penis but you can't read either. He said he doesn't have an iPhone yet.

9. Walter Bell macrumors regular

So if he doesnt have the phone yet, why the hell does he care how to fix the problem? Here is the thing, people are coming here asking some pretty stupid questions. Have you searched through all the threads stating the SAME EXACT THING? If the OP doesn't own an iPhone, why does he care if tape fixes it? has he not been able to read all the other threads regarding this issue, or maybe post his question in the thread already addressing signal loss.

I have browsed MR for a long time regardless of what this user name says. I have owned all 4 iPhones, multiple apple products etc, yet i have never come onto any forum and just started posting random questions that can/have been answered. Hell ALL forums that i visit the first thing I do if I have a question is:

SEARCH

&

GOOGLE!!!

What is so hard about this?

10. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

I taped both sides with some 3M tape (just the regular office stuff that you can remove without any residue's left) and got 1 bar loss. That could be just me holding it different.
    If I cup the iphone, so my hands cover most of the stainless rim/ring around it, I can get it to loose 3 bars. not to bad: holding the iphone 3G in two cupped hands give me a loss of 2 bars and the 3GS of my wife (all are on the same network at exactly the same place on my desk) gives me the same results as the 3G.
    Darn I had a 3310 once that had more signal loss when you gripped it, but when you cupped it, it would loss even more.
    Coworkers of mine have HTC's that have more loss.

I guess a nice piece of TPU-tape will do it nicely. Or a free bumper from apple :D