Does taptic feedback possible to do this?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tonoboon, Apr 19, 2015.

1. tonoboon macrumors regular

tonoboon

The taptic feedback vibrate when you get notification or someone send the tap to you . It's all we know about Apple Watch .
    Does the taptic feedback can give the feel, drawing on your wrist when someone send sketch to you or when the Mickey foot tap the floor we can feel it ?
    Is it possible in this 1st gen?

2. andrewpturko macrumors regular

andrewpturko

No, it's mainly for notifications and someone sending you taps with digital touch. The taps are not pinpoint accurate. Taps can feel different depending on the notification, but they'll all be tapping you in the same spot on the wrist.

If I had Mickey Mouse tapping me every second I would end up destroying my new watch from the insanity it would cause. :)

3. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

Do we know if it makes a sound like when a phone vibrates? Or is this imperceptible to people around you?

4. mac.cali macrumors 65816

It would be nice if the tap can happen when the clock strikes on the hour. 9 o'clock, 10 o'clock, etc.

5. andrewpturko macrumors regular

andrewpturko

During my try on the taps were very subtle and I couldn't hear them.

----------

That's not a bad idea, but it'd have to be a different kind of tap so you'd know it's not a notification of some sort. Might get too confusing.

6. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

I'm really intrigued to feel these taps when I get my watch.

7. Daghis macrumors member

Daghis

For those who may not have had a try-on appointment yet, the demo that runs on the watches they put on you do have occasional taps (one from a pop-up notification, one signaling completion of a health goal, and another showing what it's like to receive someone's heartbeat) so you can feel what they're like.

They are generally subtle (except for the heartbeat - that one creeped me out a bit), and I don't recall whether I heard anything as the tap sensation slightly startled me the first time I felt it.

I do think it'll take some getting used to.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I read that it's apparently specific enough to indicate left and right turns when using turn by turn guidance with Maps. Good for keeping your eyes on the road and a step above using the iPhone for guidance.

9. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

I didn't hear a thing, with my pebble vibrate I sure do. I was taken aback by how quiet it was

10. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Apparently it was originally going to be different patterns for different turns, but none of the reviews I've seen mentioned anything beyond just a tap to let you know a turn was coming up.

Perhaps they figured out that if you came to a five way intersection, you were in trouble :)