iPad Pro Does Target get new iPads on launch day?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by guidoverduci, Nov 6, 2018.

1. guidoverduci macrumors member

as the title asks.. anyone know if target gets iPads on launch day? Thanks

2. Two Stacks macrumors regular

Yes. Target, Apple, BBY, and Walmart will have launch day stock. the price and the fact its not a phone, along with the fact the release is BEFORE the main holiday craze will make it easier to come across. I expect to have a 256gb in my hands tomorrow. the people on this forum are diehard apple elitists.

they long ago decided they were getting these ipads and were somewhat okay with the cost.

3. guidoverduci thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply! I agree with ya.. not worried about selling out. I just wasn’t sure if they even received them on day 1. I’ve only got a short window of time before I get on a plane and the target up the road opens at 7am. Cheers

4. Two Stacks macrumors regular

apple has a habit of drop shipping DURING the launch day.

5. Dovahkiing macrumors regular

I actually think the answer may be 'no' for Target. I remember looking for the 2018 6th gen iPad at Target a few days after launch and they still only had 5th gen on hand. I would call and ask. Wouldn't expect lines or anything.

6. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

They are hit or miss, but is usually the lowest tier storage model.

7. Dovahkiing macrumors regular

Not sure what this has to do with the question...

Also what's with the criticism of people pre-ordering? You literally said you were buying one on launch day one sentence ago

8. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

The point was that the commenter believes demand will be low, which it generally is for iPad Pro launches. I agree that it's unlikely to sell out regardless of how well regarded the new updates are on a forum of Apple fans.