Does the 1.1.2 jailbreak not work with Leopard?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Mikey B, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to jaibreak my 1.1.2 touch. I've followed all the steps that I've found on this forum, many times, and it keeps getting stuck in restore mode after the jailbreak.jar has run. Looking at the crash log, I saw a lot of "invalid argument"s in the code. Does this mean anything to anyone? It's just killing me that I can't get this to work!!

Thanks for any and all help!

Mike

2. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

3. Mikey B thread starter macrumors 65816

Mikey B

i think i've tried no less than 50 times and it just won't work. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. very frustrating, 1.1.1 works fine, but I would like the update.

4. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Mikey, sorry for being stuuuuupid but: do you mean you were able to jailbreak your iPod Touch when you downgraded it to 1.1.1 but can't now jailbreak it when it's back to 1.1.2?

Same problem here: having jailbroken it (1.1.1) when I tried to upgrade it to 1.1.2 it crashed and I had to restore it - at which point, of course, it was no longer jailbroken. So I'd love the solution to this too.

If you just mean you can't downgrade it to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it then this thread should help.

5. Mikey B thread starter macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Like my teachers always said, there's no stupid questions... I've got it downgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbroken, and every once and awhile I try to do the upgrade, erase all my apps and music etc. and have to start all over again. This time I think I'm just going to keep it at 1.1.1 and see what apple unveils with the SDK. But thanks for making sure I didn't miss one of the first steps.

6. iJordo macrumors member

Hey guys make sure you installed oktoprep app of installer.... its the only way to jailbreak 1.1.2

7. Mikey B thread starter macrumors 65816

Mikey B

i did, but thanks. Found a new one too by Big Boss in the Boss Tools app.

8. California King macrumors 65816

Did that work for you? Was all you did was plug in and press update?

9. Mikey B thread starter macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Haven't tried it yet. I can't ever get the 1.1.2 jailbreak to work on my touch so I think I've given up. Just going to stick with 1.1.1.

10. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

try it on a pc or a mac running tiger.

you surely must know someone who has either of those systems.