Does the 11" MBA require those screensaver cloths?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by daonesteven, Aug 28, 2011.

1. daonesteven macrumors 6502

I've used this specifically for my previous 13" black macbook:
    http://www.radtech.us/Products/NotebookScreenSavrz.aspx

but do you guys think the 11" MBA is gonna need it? I got into the habit of using it because the old macbooks used to smudge the screen with the oils from the keyboard, esp when your laptop is in your backpack and it gets pushed by heavy books, etc. But this is unibody so maybe it can do without it?

2. iApple Mania macrumors member

iApple Mania

Actually, it's no need but I've got one, Shag-wire. I normally use the keyboard silicone protector then Shag-wire once I close it.

However, it's not important and essential. It's just nice to have but no need to have.

3. daonesteven thread starter macrumors 6502

4. P0stalTek macrumors 6502

P0stalTek

I can't speak for the MBA 11, but I have a 2011 13. I wouldn't say it was necessary for me, because I didn't get any real noticeable oils in the first week or two of use.

I did, however, order a Radtech Screensavrz last week, but to be truthful, I'm just OCD and like having a cloth to wipe the screen with the laptop for ease.

5. reputationZed macrumors 65816

I use one on my 13" MBA, its one that I originally bought for a 15" MBP, so it hangs over the sides a bit. I wouldn't say you need one, but they are nice to have for wiping fingerprints off the screen. The MBA doesn't seem to pickup grease and dirt from the keyboard as much as my MPB did, or at least its not as noticeable (maybe the glass on the MBP is more susceptible to showing the keyboard impressions?)

6. daonesteven thread starter macrumors 6502

so it definitely does touch the keyboard then at some points? I have one for my 13" mb but I feel like it's gonna hang out like crazy on my 11" too so I guess I'll buy another one.

7. reputationZed macrumors 65816

Judging by my own use the screen on the 13" MBA doesn't seem to actually touch the keyboard. On my 15" MBP and the 13" MB that I used to use it was fairly easy to see marks on the screens caused by the keys. I'm not seeing these marks on my MBA.