• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
It seems that the new 11-inch Air does not have a sensor built in to work with Apple remotes. Does the 13-inch Air have this sensor?

I need it to work with Keynote when delivering presentations.

Thanks.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Ouch...

Seems to me that one of the main reasons to have a portable device like this might be to travel and give presentations.

Comment

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Ouch...

Seems to me that one of the main reasons to have a portable device like this might be to travel and give presentations.

Apple stopped including these. It's called an IR sensor. Not really a big deal.

Comment

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Ouch...

The Apple remote is not supported on any Macbook Air models after and including the 2010 model, so this isn't anything new.

Comment

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Ouch...

There are of course 3rd party apps/accessories but if you have an iOS device you can always get apps that are remotes.

Comment

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Ever since I got my MBA I've been using my old 15" MBP as a DVD player. I still have the old little white remote control, not sure if it came with the MBP or my PowerBook G4. But it's pretty handy... and the remote still has the original battery which is at least 5 or 6 years old.:)

Comment

cerberusss

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2013
The Netherlands
Ages ago, I got my then-girlfriend a wireless (via USB-dongle) laser pointer which had two buttons that simulated PgUp and PgDown buttons. Worked on any OS that I could test back then.

Perhaps the cheap Chinese sites have something for you, like this one:
http://dx.com/p/pp990-rechargeable-li-ion-ppt-page-down-red-laser-pointer-pen-white-black-186166 (the review says it works with OS X)

There's also the Logitech R400, which is only supported on Windows but on the Logitech forum, multiple people claim it works with Keynote.

Comment

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Here's a bluetooth remote that claims MacBook Air compatibility: http://www.satechi.net/index.php/satechi-bluetooth-smart-pointer

bt_remote_closed_main_chrome.jpg

Comment

Dweez

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2011
Down by the river
There's also the Logitech R400, which is only supported on Windows but on the Logitech forum, multiple people claim it works with Keynote.

This is the device which I use while presenting with my 2012 MBP and 2013 MBA using Powerpoint, have not tried Keynote. All buttons work as advertised.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.