Does the 15" InCase Neoprene Sleeve actually fit MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pngwyn, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Pngwyn macrumors regular

So I was looking at some cases, and I was really considering getting the same Neoprene Sleeve that I had for my previous 13" Macbook that worked great, but I read some reviews and heard there was extra slack (loose case), and I don't want my new laptop flopping around in the case.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TR633LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MTk4Mzc3MA

And this would be for the new model macbook pro, I don't know if the sizing is any different or what the bad reviewing users have as laptops.

I guess while I'm at it.. is this a good choice for a case? Any other recommendations? My MBP is still shipping, but I really want to have a sturdy case before I actually get the computer.

Thanks!!

2. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I used the incase sleeve with my previous MBP and it fit fine, but there was some room. I have the same sleeve with the new model MBP and it fits more snugly. Some people have been saying it doesn't fit, but I've found that not to be the case. Since the new MBP is wider, it kind of uses up the slack and makes it more of a tight fit. I like it.

I love the incase neoprene sleeve. It's a sleeve, though, so I'm not sure I would characterize it as "sturdy." It's kept my MBP safe in my backpack just fine, so depending on your needs, you'll like it too.

3. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I'd say that by the sounds of it, the guy that gave it one star managed to order the 17" case by mistake. That's the only way to explain it having "a couple of inches of loose material sagging away from the edges when it's zipped up".
    The other guy that gave it one star did so because it didn't do what he wanted it to do which was to be stay inside his other proprietary bag, "when I take the computer out it comes out with it instead of staying put".

I don't know quite what the fit's like but in the UK the only place you can get these from is Apple and the local Apple Retail store's been completely sold out of these since the MBP was released so it can't be all that bad. I was trying to get hold of one but have since given up since its so hard to get hold of and am going for a Tucano Second Skin. I've had one for my MacBook and previous iBook and its been great, I wanted the Insight one because it looked a bit smarter in the photos but oh well.

4. jTreu macrumors 6502

I bought this case for my old MBP, it is noticeably looser than the MB case was on my old MB, about half an inch too big in each dimension, still a good sleeve though.