Does the 2013 rmbp have image retention

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bsen4961, Feb 17, 2013.

1. bsen4961, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014

bsen4961 Guest

has anyone tested the 2013 retina MacBook Pro for image retention

2. mrdroid921 macrumors newbie

I'm curious about this as well. I also wonder if more of the 15" now have Samsung displays or if its still an even split between LG and Samsung. I want to buy one if the new 15" models, but I don't want to play the display lottery game, as I am not close to the bestbuy I would need to either return/exchange it.

3. Brian Y macrumors 68040

It doesn't matter what display you get - they're both fantastic displays. I cannot believe you are already contemplating a machine you haven't bought yet because of the company that makes the display :rolleyes:

4. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I agree lol. And even if they didnt like it, regardless of the issue, they could return it or take it in for warranty work.

5. mrdroid921 macrumors newbie

When the store isn't close to you, then it's a big deal. I don't have apple stores, nor best buys which are very close to me. No need to be rude when you don't know certain people's situations. Plus it's not a matter of not liking it, it's a matter of getting a display that doesn't have any problems.

6. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

I agree. It's a fair enough request, there is enough evidence out there that this is a real issue. Especially if getting warranty work will be an inconvenience.

The real question you should be asking though is do the new models have IR? Whether or not it is Samsung or LG isn't the main issue.

Unfortunately there are only a couple of regular posters here who actually have the 2013 and honestly they don't have to run the test if they don't want to (my sister is expecting one this week and she's already told me she's not even going to bother).

Hopefully the posts will pick up in a few days. Have you checked Apple Communities yet?

7. mrdroid921 macrumors newbie

Yeah I mean I thought about that also. I have a feeling maybe there was a deeper issue with the MacBooks that had IR, beside just the LG displays. I will have to check the apple forums.