Does The 24" ACD Have Yellow Tinge?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Kronie, Dec 12, 2009.

  1. Kronie macrumors 6502a

    Kronie

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2008
    #1
    I bought the 27" iMac (among other reasons) for the big beautiful IPS screen. I'm trying NOT to let the yellowish bottom lower right of my screen bother me, but it kind of does.

    Just curious if owners of the 24" ACD (led) have the same yellowish tinge on ther IPS screens? Its basically the same technology, right?
     
  2. Kronie thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Kronie

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2008
    #2
    Does anybody own the 24" ACD and does it suffer from the same yellow tinge?
     
  3. neonkru macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2009
    #3
    as i posted earlier. the yellow tinge is caused by the magnets of the volume speakers. my friend remove their from imac 27 and now its fine. i didn't do it because i hope apple fixes it soon. so no, they don't possibly have yellow tinge. at least mine.
     
  4. TennisandMusic

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2008
    #4
    Yes, there were reports of uniformity issues with the ACD. And I do not believe the yellowing is caused by magnets. I have uniformity issues on the upper right of monitor so...
     
  5. = bluntman = macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2009
    Location:
    Toronto, Ontario
    #5
    No such problem here.
     
  6. neonkru macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2009
    #6
    put a magnet on your screen. see what happens. it will appear the yellowing. after 3-5 hours it disapears. i dont really care about you all because most of you didnt appreciate this info i gave last time. don't say you don't believe until you test it yourself. just put a magnet. yellow magic appears. :) also if you notice the sound of the right speaker is different from the left one. it may be positioned in a different way
     
  7. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2008
    Location:
    Thule GL @ the TOW
    #7
    ...that sounds like a shielding issue if its caused by the magnets of the speakers...
     

Share This Page