Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kronie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
I bought the 27" iMac (among other reasons) for the big beautiful IPS screen. I'm trying NOT to let the yellowish bottom lower right of my screen bother me, but it kind of does.

Just curious if owners of the 24" ACD (led) have the same yellowish tinge on ther IPS screens? Its basically the same technology, right?

Kronie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
Does anybody own the 24" ACD and does it suffer from the same yellow tinge?

neonkru

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2009
as i posted earlier. the yellow tinge is caused by the magnets of the volume speakers. my friend remove their from imac 27 and now its fine. i didn't do it because i hope apple fixes it soon. so no, they don't possibly have yellow tinge. at least mine.

Aug 26, 2008
Yes, there were reports of uniformity issues with the ACD. And I do not believe the yellowing is caused by magnets. I have uniformity issues on the upper right of monitor so...

neonkru

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2009
put a magnet on your screen. see what happens. it will appear the yellowing. after 3-5 hours it disapears. i dont really care about you all because most of you didnt appreciate this info i gave last time. don't say you don't believe until you test it yourself. just put a magnet. yellow magic appears. :) also if you notice the sound of the right speaker is different from the left one. it may be positioned in a different way

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.