Does the 2g iPod touch back scratch easy?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stanny, Jul 21, 2009.

1. stanny macrumors 6502

Does the 2g iPod touch back scratch easy? The silver back.

2. Markbook macrumors newbie

Its easy to get little scratches, but I use a plastic shield on mine.

3. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

yes, but not as easily as the aluminum one on the 1G. but it will get badly scratched none the less if in a pocket.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Not as easily as the 1G though. But honestly, it doesn't really matter. So it's scratched, so what? Everything gets scratched, your house, car, phone. How would your socks feel? They get dragged everywhere... :D

5. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

Yep, it will get real scratched. Basically, say goodbye to its scratch-freeness after the first use.

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It's definitely a lot more scratch-resistant then the first gen, but it still, typically, scratches easily (considering the material it's made from). I've had my 32GB touch since January, and for the last two months the only 'protection' it's had is the felt sleeve that came with my 5.5G iPod a few years back - it's totally naked and unprotected when in use. The result? It's only got one single scratch, about 1cm long, just to the left of the Apple logo. My first gen, on the other hand, looks like a total mess and I treated it exactly the same...

7. JackT06 macrumors 6502

JackT06

Just put a case on it and it will be fine, or when the scratches start to get really bad take it to the Apple Store and i believe they can take the scratches out of the back. And some jewlers can aswell.

8. xhArRiSoNxD macrumors regular

For a low fee of $__.99

can anyone confirm that apple stores can do this? If so my 1G iPod touch needs it badly.

9. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

They don't. That guy was making it up.