Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nightrich

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
Tennessee
I am definitely going to buy another Apple Watch soon and I used to have a 38mm SGS. I am eyeing the 42mm gold sport with the midnight blue band and just wanted an opinion if the 42mm looked too big on my wrists. I do like the classic watch size of the 38mm so to speak and if I got the 38mm gold sport I would be left to pay another $50 for the color band I want anyways.

Here are a few pics from my initial try on with the 38mm vs42mm image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

bcaslis

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2008
What size is your wrist? I keep wanting to switch back and forth from the 38 to 42 and back. My wrist is small so the bands for the 38 fit me better but I want the larger size of the 42.

Nightrich

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
Tennessee
Thanks everyone. I still need to measure my wrist. I think i will go with the 42mm though! If it looks fine and has better battery life I'm sold.

Ecoh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2009
USA
I am someone that doesn't like the look of a watch that is too large for a wrist. For your wrist, the 42 mm absolutely looks like the right size.

Reactions: Nightrich

Nightrich

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
Tennessee
38mm looks way better, IMO. 42mm often reads like too much computer screen, IMO.
I thought about this aspect, too. The 38mm is closer to the size watch I usually wear and I was worried I would end up banging a bigger screen on more stuff than usual but that will probably happen anyways.

Reactions: douglasf13
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.