Does the 6+ live up to its battery life ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cymolia, Nov 10, 2014.

1. cymolia macrumors 6502a

Im going to be getting a 6+ soon and wondering if it lives up to the batterylife it boasts ? I charge it everynight so that wont be an issue. Just looking to get 16-17 hours of it daily.

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

16-17 hours of being unplugged? That's a piece of cake for the 6+. I get an average of 11-13 hours of usage, and I charge mine usually every night as well.

Here's a picture of one of the times I couldn't charge over night:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415642952.344671.jpg

3. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

As always, it's going to depend on how you use it. You're going to see the fullest benefit of that larger battery when the screen is off. When it's on, it isn't much different than the 6. When it's off, it's significantly better. So, if you use your phone a lot, it'll still be dead at the end of the day. If you're a standard, moderate user, you'll be more than fine.

4. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

You tell me if it lives up to the hype.

Attached Files:

5. xWhiplash, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014

xWhiplash macrumors 65816

Batter life stats are not very useful. What do you do on your phone?

My iPhone 6 (not the plus) has gone 5 days without a charge once. How?

• I only listen to music/podcasts on my Phone a few hours at work
    • 90% of the time my phone has the screen off
    • Emails are set to check manually
    • I barely use the phone, I mostly text. With Yosemite now I can use my Macs to text. I am not sure if using bluetooth is more power efficient than using the phone's screen.
    • I only check and write emails when I am away from a computer
    • I do not play any games
    • I rarely use Siri, I use it for the occasional reminder
    • I rarely browse online unless I am waiting at the doctors for example
    • I have my screen at a low brightness

Why do I have the 6 if I do not use the features? I like to have the option, and I like the device in general :) It is nice having those features available if I am waiting hours at the doctors office for example.

With my job and hobby, I am behind a computer more often than not. Therefore, I can use the computer for tasks that my phone can be used for too.

So my point is, we need to know what you do with your phone. For example, battery life stats can say you will get 17 hours of use, but you cannot play an intense game for all 17 hours on one charge. In my case, I get days of battery, but I do not use my phone much unless I am away from a computer.

6. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I am at 18 hrs since unplugged and at 87%

I would say light usage. Web, EMails, Twitter etc. No Downloading.

But, I haven't even bought second chargers yet because I feel confident I can not run this phone down in one day. I also see about 11-13 hours usage time.

I will get the chargers and have my son and his wife buy them for Christmas since they talked me into the phone--:)

Not complaining, first iPhone and best I have owned--:)

7. mcorleone macrumors regular

mcorleone

I just got mine less than a week ago. With my 4S, I'd be at work all day and have a 40% charge when I got home. Not sure if that's normal or aging battery but I'd usually have my charger on hand. With this one, I'm at about 85% but I do my fair share of browsing, a quick game in here & there during breaks so I'd have to say yes! :cool:

8. utahman130 macrumors 6502a

utahman130

I only get 10 hours of usage with low brightness, background app refresh off, location services off, no Bluetooth, no games, time zone set manually, and Siri off on my 16 GB Plus. I just text, browse the web, and check Twitter a lot.

9. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

10. saltd macrumors 6502

saltd

Absolutely it does. I tether and use GPS apps almost constantly, and it holds up like a champ.

11. Mechinyun macrumors 6502

12-14 Hours for mine.

Phone - Email - Texting - light browsing - light gaming.

12. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Absolutely the best iPhone battery to date. Thrilled with it. Haven't had a battery last this long since the old school Nokias.

Seriously couldn't be more pleased with it. I use it HARD all day and it's difficult for me to get below 60% unless I happen to stream lots of cellular video from Twitch or CNN.

Battery is a beast! :)

:apple: