Does the amount of apps affect battery life??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcapz, Nov 21, 2008.

1. jcapz macrumors member

I hope this isn't a pointless post but I apologize in advance if it is. I had a question regarding battery life.....when I initially got the phone I was able to use the phone for about 8 to 10 hours before the battery died and it would at least last a day and a half. The battery would stay full until way into my day and just recently I have noticed that with just 4 to 5 hours of usage I would need to maybe charge my phone again. Someone at my office said "the more apps you have on your phone the more it'll affect your battery life." Is that true?? I hope I'm not an idiot for not knowing or even questioning it but if someone has any clarification please let me know if that would be true. If it is true I guess I'll definitely need to delete apps I barely use. I currently have 6 pages of apps equalling to 89 apps but not fully filling each page to its limit. Thanks for any feedback.

2. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

I've noticed that if I sleep my phone with certain apps (like a voice record) It drained MUCH more then it should have (like 1/3).

that being said, I have not noticed it for a while so perhaps that was a bug in the program or OS that has since been fixed.

keep an eye on what you leave open and see if that could be the problem.