Does the Anti-glare film hide tiny scratches on the screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by asdfTT123, Aug 5, 2008.

1. asdfTT123 macrumors regular

I purchased a 1st Generation iPhone the other day. The condition was nearly flawless except for one tiny little scratch on the phone's surface shown here:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w112/asdfTT123/P1050665.jpg

The scratch is barely noticeable unless I look for it when the phone is off. While it's on, it can be a bit visible against a white background because of the defraction of light through the scratch. I was wondering, would a screen protector such as the Power Support Anti-Glare help to minimize the appearance or even hide the scratch? If anyone has had an experience with this, please let me know. The scratch is barely noticeable and doesn't affect functionality, but it can be a tiny annoyance. Thanks!

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

No, if anything it magnifies them, b/c the film will not set properly and you might even notice a bump or bubble, but definitely noticeable. My cousin's was scratched (minute). :(

3. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

No. It will rather pronounce it by giving it a glossy shine at some angles and certain distance! <Doppler Effect>

4. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

I dissagree with them. Yes it will make it look better. Tiny scratches should be covered up pretty easily. If it's a DEEP scratch, then the film won't set right... if it's very light and not intrusive you should be fine.

5. asdfTT123 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, it is a very light scratch without much depth at all. When I run even my fingernail through it feels extremely smooth - I cannot even feel that there's a scratch there. I'm hoping the static cling will soak through and bind it against the film to ultimately hide the scratch. Anyone have a personal experience with this?

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I mentioned that my cousin's iPhone had a minute scratch, but what do I know? Apparently, "nimda0" is the answer you're looking for... Good Luck:cool: