Does the apple remote control power point?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by devilstrider, Oct 31, 2010.

1. devilstrider macrumors 6502a

I want to do a power point presentation for class and I was wondering if the apple remote would control my slides and stuff.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I don't think it does without another program helping it along. Keynote does without any other programs.

3. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

It's not much different. I personally prefer Keynote, as the slides and transitions are much less cheesy.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Keynote is Apple's version of PowerPoint. It can read and make PowerPoint files. It does have some things that PowerPoint can't do and vise versa. Your Mac may have a trial version of iWork, of which Keynote is a part of. If it does you can see how well your presentation works in Keynote. If you are deciding upon buying one or the other, get Microsoft Office.

6. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

I already have Microsoft Office.

7. NeverhadaPC macrumors 6502

NeverhadaPC

Keynote is a bit painful in converting ppt to key...I keep a copy of both around. Keynote for making presentations and PPT for collaboration with fellow PPT'ers and if specific ppt templates are required.

8. chazco macrumors member

I'm running Office 2011 on a mid-2010 13-inch Macbook Pro... the Apple remote does control it in a limited fashion. You can skip between slides using the left/right buttons and change the volume using the up/down buttons. The other buttons don't appear to do anything.

9. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool I'll try it with both. Office 11 is what I have.