Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Does the Apple Smart Battery Case provide good drop protection?

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
I was thinking of getting an Apple Smart Battery Case but was worried about how much drop protection it provides.

If anyone has any experience with drops while using a Smart Battery Case on your iPhone 6 or 6s, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
It's just silicone and makes no drop protection claims, so I'm thinking not much. I don't have firsthand experience, but there's little/no cushioning. It's scrape and scratch protection, but I wouldn't expect much in terms of drops.

Comment

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
It's just silicone and makes no drop protection claims, so I'm thinking not much. I don't have firsthand experience, but there's little/no cushioning. It's scrape and scratch protection, but I wouldn't expect much in terms of drops.
Thanks. That's what I was afraid of.

Does anyone know of battery cases that do provide good drop protection without turning the phone into a brick? ;)

Comment

mhoepfin

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
Thanks. That's what I was afraid of.

Does anyone know of battery cases that do provide good drop protection without turning the phone into a brick? ;)

It's super thick silicon, I would imagine it does really well for drop protection. I have the battery case and trust it more than most of my other cases if I were to drop it.

Reactions: PowerBook-G5
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.