Does the apple store carry 8gb Macbook Airs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MacChinoNyc, Nov 5, 2013.

1. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

Just wondering if anyone has been able to get an 8gb version without having to order it.

2. ilifecomputer macrumors 6502

They do but only the ultimate version with i7 and 512gb hard drive.

3. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Strange they dont have it on the site. Would you know the prices ?

4. jmoore5196 macrumors 6502a

jmoore5196

In my experience, stores often stock the "ultimate" 13", but not the "ultimate" 11" model. If memory serves, the 13" with i7/8/512 is $1849; the 11" model is $100 less.

5. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh thanks but I'm not sure I'd pay that much, kinda defeats the purpose in my situation. I'm most likely sticking with the base. I initially wanted a tablet, but I'm not the biggest IOS fan atm but after what windows 8 has turned into I'm definitely coming over to the mac side. I'd rather start with a smaller mac air laptop as I have a pretty big windows laptop if I really need to run heavy or carry heavy. The thing is one day I'm interested in the 13" air, next day 11" air, next day 13" rMBP....I see what Apple did there lol.

6. neteng101 macrumors 65816

You could get the 13" rMBP for $1,499 in-store with 8GB. ;)

7. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

IF you're in NYC then check B&H, they usually have all the different configurations. Got my 11" i7/8gb/512gb there over the summer and none of the Apple Stores had it in stock.

8. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Im not and you're right they have them. Thanks still deciding though :)

Yea that doesn't help lol. I've been literally going in circles. The 13 rMBP seems to have its share of issues with the WiFi complaints being new to me :0

9. krravi macrumors 65816

Apple store in my area always carry the low end models. I never go there anymore. I wish for once they will carry a mix and match of low end, mid and high spec computer.

They are more than keen to order it online for you, though.

10. parkiebear macrumors newbie

I needed a new MBA week before last; decided that I really needed 8GB, so went to store. Although they said that for memory, "2GB was required, 4GB was standard, 8GB was recommended," only 4GB was available in the store. I asked if the 8GB was shipped from California, and the sales guy assured me that it would be. Somehow, he seemed to think that China was in California, but in any event, my new machine arrived exactly the day they predicted.

It replaced my second generation MBA, and is much faster, as near as I can tell. Well pleased.