Does the Apple Store issue certification that a MacBook Pro works?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hustler1337, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of selling my 2011 MacBook Pro and came across this eBay ad and the seller mentions "Unit has pased all certified apple tests and has been confirmed to be fully functional".

Does this mean that Apple can conduct a hardware test to confirm that your hardware is working and issue you with written confirmation of this?

I'm sure I read of this somewhere else, but a part of me doubts that such a service exists.

Just asking as it might come in handy when I come to sell my MBP and help to increase it's value slightly.

Thanks

2. jadAce, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014

jadAce macrumors regular

jadAce

As far as I know, no such thing exists. Apple does rigorously check models they sell as "refurbished", but they don't do separate "certifications" for Macs.

There is such a thing as Apple Diagnostics (which was known as Apple Hardware Test, or AHT a year ago) which you can do yourself to check for any problems (and then perhaps you could mention the results on eBay or wherever you sell the Mac).

Here's an article from Apple's website about how you can go about running it: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5781