Does the Apple Store keep track of how many returns you've made?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hierobryan, Oct 24, 2008.

1. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

I feel kinda stupid wanting to return my Macbook for small flaws like loose keys (one letter sometimes flops off half way) or a loose battery cover. I'm on my second Macbook, and this one has a screwed up trackpad. Will the Apple Store know I've already return my Macbooks before for minor flaws? I don't want to feel like a picky perfectionist when I go back :eek:

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I use cash for purchases that I have even a feeling that I'm going to return.

3. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

They do keep track of your purchases and returns, but don't feel bad about making the returns - your issues seem legit.. if the trackpad isn't working you should have it replaced.. You paid alot of money for it, they'll understand.

4. bluesTank macrumors regular

Wait what problem are you having with your trackpad?

If it is the problem with it not working sporadically, then don't take it back, because they are all like that.

I took mine back and it was the same problem on the new one

5. Crash1234 macrumors regular

I had to return three mbp's to my local apple store. After the third, they were still willing to do yet another exchange but I opted to just get a full refund for my money. I'll head back in a month or so and try again. I was just too disgruntled with three flawed books in a row. Anyway, idk if they can tell if you've returned the book before. Unless the person you're working with has seen you before they probably won't know. And don't let them give you any bs about how "they are all like that." If you're having issues with your trackpad, no, they are not all like that. All three mbp's I got had perfect trackpads. All the mbp's I got however, had wapred lids. One had a faulty optical drive and two felt like there was something clunking inside teh case when picked up. I mentioned the warped lids when I brought them back in addition to the other problems and they tried to pull the ol "they're all like that". That's not true, maybe all the ones I got were like that, and maybe all the ones on display in the store were like that but I know there are people who have gotten books with non warped lids. You payed a lot of money for this product, so if there is any defect or imperfection that bothers you I think you have the right to take it back.

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

people need to stop with the dramatic generalizations. how exactly have you determined that they are "all like that"? puhleeze.

7. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

Yes they do. I had a manager give me grief last year with the number of returns I had over the "past several months". All of the returns were for definite hardware issues where the machine was not functioning correctly (like the iSight camera didn't work or the touchpad button didn't register clicks). I told him to check out Apple's support forums and Macrumors if he wanted to be enlightened by the various problems people were having. :rolleyes:

8. surfdog_2005 macrumors member

I used to feel funny taking things back for things that seemed minor to me, but now I just think about how much I paid and how much money Apple is making. I took my first Macbook back because it had a chip out of the aluminum side. Now it in no way affected performance, but I knew if I kept it I would look at that chip each time I used my notebook and it would bug the heck out of me. They exchanged it without issue and I am a happy camper now! :D

9. hierobryan thread starter macrumors 6502a

You, and the Apple store, will probably think it's minor, but... it seems like the glass part of the track pad isn't fully making contact with the button underneath. It does a double click whenever I click it. The left side is fine but the right side does the double click thing. I guess I'm a perfectionist, because this annoys me...I can't ignore it. That and the top right of my screen has what looks like some white foam showing from in front of the LCD and behind the glass. It doesn't block the LCD, but I can clearly see it.