Does the Apple Watch show up in iCloud (My Devices)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by LNYMRKO, Apr 30, 2015.

1. LNYMRKO macrumors regular

As per the title, for those users who are lucky enough to have their Apple Watch already, does it show up under "My Devices" when you login to iCloud, next to your iPhone and Macs etc?

The reason I ask is that I am looking to purchase an Apple Watch off someone who bought one and has since changed their mind before using it. It's still in its plastic sealed box, so I'm probably being paranoid, however I know that when people that haven't signed out of iCloud on their Macs properly when selling old equipment can still lock/wipe them remotely from iCloud etc.

Obviously the person would have pre-ordered / purchased it online from Apple, so I would assume it has some sort of linking to his account somewhere.. is it possible to transfer this to me, or is this a question too early to tell at this stage?

And yes, I'm looking to purchase as I'm impatient and do not want to wait until est June shipping dates to get mine (I know, I know, I already regret not pre-ordering!)

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

2. kramerica2 macrumors regular

Do you mean in "Find my iPhone"?

Then no, it's not showing up as a device you own.

3. discorevilo macrumors member

It will have automatically been added to the support profile for their Apple ID that they checked out with on the Apple Store. If they go to https://supportprofile.apple.com they will see a list of devices that are registered to them, if they then press "edit products" they can just press the cross next to the :apple: Watch to remove it. After that, you can register the serial to you for support.

4. LNYMRKO thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks very much, exactly what I was looking for!

5. ulinerg macrumors member

ulinerg

Just as a follow up my watch showed up under my support profile yesterday and it is still with UPS on the way here. I read some where that once it is preparing for shipping it gets added to your profile.