iPad Does the back of the iPad scratch easily?

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
The title sums up the thread question quite well
Not really. Slate was the bad one and they ditched it fast. The current colors don't scratch easily or show it much. That said, it's also not that hard when you consider a drop.

Cloudane

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Sweet Apple Acres
Anodised aluminium does seem to mark very easily in my experience of Apple gear over the years.
Slap an iCarbons skin on the back :) I put a "titanium looking" one on the back of mine and it helps protect it from everyday "putting it down on a table" kind of scratches, looks nicely metallic so it still looks premium, doesn't show up fingerprints, and adds no appreciable thickness so it works with things like the Logitech ultrathin keyboard. Very glad I went with this approach instead of a full-on case/cover.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Anodised aluminium does seem to mark very easily in my experience of Apple gear over the years.
Slap an iCarbons skin on the back :) I put a "titanium looking" one on the back of mine and it helps protect it from everyday "putting it down on a table" kind of scratches, looks nicely metallic so it still looks premium, doesn't show up fingerprints, and adds no appreciable thickness so it works with things like the Logitech ultrathin keyboard. Very glad I went with this approach instead of a full-on case/cover.
Looks like they don't have one for the iPad Air 2 yet? Unless, the iPad Air 1 is compatible with it?

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Never put any of iPads in a case, never had a scratch.

The backs are really durable, always have been,

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Never put any of iPads in a case, never had a scratch.

The backs are really durable, always have been,
Do you ever put it in a bag to take out or just leave it in the house? Because if I didn't take mine out my place it definitely wouldnt have scratches

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I've used my iPad 3 for 2.5 years with no case. A few minor scratches and a chip where it hit it hard by mistake, but it still looks great.

MacintoshDan

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
My space gray Air and various Space Gray and even slate iPhones have never scratched, but I also do not subject them to much abuse, just normal use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.