iPod touch Does the Black/Slate color scratch like the iPhone 5.

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
I can't really find any reports on it, and I am getting it instead of those childish colors.
Most likely, because it is anodized and will be done similarly.

However; it might not be as bad because it doesn't have the beveled edges.

marvingaye

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2006
Yes, the bevel does scratch easily, but it's barely noticeable. Mine came with a few tiny scratches on the bevel and no scratches on the backside.

jedisaga

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2008
Havertown, PA
Same here luckily. I'm curious if others have the same luck.
So far, mine is spotless too... Although, I did get the silver and white model. Oh and I've already christened my new ipod by dropping it on a table... ugh! But, I'm happy to report, no scratches! Even in sunlight! Definitely need a case yesterday lol

sno1man

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2011
I can't really find any reports on it, and I am getting it instead of those childish colors.
I think it's highly likely since my new blue one had two significant scuffs on each side, right out of the box. Got an RMA from apple and they are sending a replacement next week

smallaw

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2012
Hi, new member.

Yes it does I'm afraid. Mine (black 64 GB) had scratches right out of the box. I'm contemplating a return, but I'm thinking that it would be a wash ultimately. It's going to suffer some minor scratching inevitably, especially around the 8-pin port.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.