Does the CandyShell Still Flake?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Austin M., Jan 9, 2011.

1. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if the 3rd revision of tbe CandyShell still flakes?or if anyone that has very recently bought one still flakes?

2. mantic macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'd say yes.

3. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

I got a candyshell flip about a week ago and so far so good, but I do see the potential for it to flake. The silicone
    Material is very similar to an eraser, so I wouldn't count on any improvements in that area.

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Mine hasn't flaked so far. I had issues before 2 times.

5. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

The newer ones still flake if rubbed against a lot.

The thing is though that it goes away after a couple of days. Truly people blew the flaking out of control and so now it is the "worst thing ever". Even the first series of iPhone 4 Candyshells didn't flake that much.

I currently have 3 Candyshells right now. The oldest one is a Black one I got back in August. While it looks really scratched up due to the terrible scratching that is really the only negative of the case, it literally flaked for a couple of days after I started using it. After about a week total time, it stopped flaking and has stayed the same since then. The grey material still looks grey.

This case has been through hell too. I have dropped it numerous times, slid it across a street (not on purpose), and just treated it bad. My iPhone still looks great coming out of it and I still use the case. Any issues with the rubber portion of the case is due to me dropping it.

I have used a ton of cases since I got my new iPhone 4 and this has been my go to case and will prbably continue to be it for the life of my phone. I have a couple other colors to switch it up (a white one and a cotton candy one) but prefer the black since with the speck logo on the back it mirrors the look of a nake iPhone 4 pretty well.

Awesome protection, pretty light weight, and despite the scratches which is a problem, it still looks pretty good for a heavily used case. The only other case I have that has been through as much abuse is my Otterbox.

6. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

the flaking on mine wasnt bad when it started i just rubbed on it for a day or two and it stopped, it did make the rubber have a little bit of a faded look to it that i didnt like

7. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

still flakes, but i still like it better than any other case out there.