Does the current incase sleeve fit new MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kirbs, Oct 28, 2008.

1. kirbs macrumors member

2. CPD_1 macrumors 6502

It fits mine, although it's a little loose. I've kept the styrofoam in there with my laptop though, that seems to make up for the free space.

3. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

I actually contacted Incase about this very question and they say its fits perfectly. I had heard the old MBP was a tad loose in there so I was hoping the new dimensions would make it a little more snug.

4. kirbs thread starter macrumors member

ok, have you actually tried using the new MBP with the case? Also, I contacted incase and they said they'd be out with ones specifically for the new MBP in mid Jan. I don't know why they'd do this if the current one fits fine.

thanks

Kirby

5. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

It does. I like how the new MBP fits in the sleeve better than the old MBP.

6. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Their Neoprene sleeves fit, its their hardshell ones that need to be remade for the new machines. I've ordered a Neoprene sleeve. Here's their email reply addressing the issue.

7. kirbs thread starter macrumors member

hmmm...well thanks for clarifying that; the message i sent the specifically said sleeve so i don't know why they didn't give me that info...oh well

8. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

9. KilljoyPBN macrumors regular

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Put together these pictures for you. The width is alright, snug, but alright. With the depth there is a little bit of extra material as noted in the pictures. Im pretty much a perfectionist so Im sure it will suit you fine. It suits me fine. The only time I really notice the extra material is when Im holding it and the loose material kinda slides around the macbook pro.

Haha this sounds way too critical but I would buy it if I were you. Im going to be looking at the booq hard case whenever it comes out also.

10. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Nice pics!

I spoke to Booq and the one they have on their front page (Taipan Skin) now was for the old model and they said it fits the new one fine as well. Their description was that it was "snug" and they are already adverstising it for the "new" MBP.

I love Booq and have one of their bags but decided to give the Incase bag a shot. Its been ordered.