iPad Does the extended holiday return period apply to in-store purchase?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rajpatel, Dec 17, 2013.

1. rajpatel macrumors regular

My receipt says dec 6 was the deadline. An apple store person in another state, cuz mine wasn't one yet and also cuz I wanted the info before trying to argue with them, said it is jan 7 for all purchases since nov 1, either online or in store

That seems very long to me. And would seem to invite fraud and abuse

I hate these people returning these products two three four times and more because of their mental problems

I am considering returning the Rmini bc it's too small for web browsing for me but great for all other things. Thing is, I browse the web a ton

I would then just use my ipad 4 which is still great

Also thinking of just selling my 4 to GameStop for $180 cash and trading in my Rmini for an air and using a hundred from the ipad 4 sale

Leaving me with eighty bucks.

Sorry but I am really lazy

Not sure I'm capable of more than driving to GameStop. Flame away

2. luckylisp macrumors 6502

I was told differently in the Apple store when I bought mine. I bought mine mid November and my receipt said 2 weeks to return. I inquired about the holiday return policy in the store and was still told 2 weeks to return.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

The person you asked was simply mistaken.

I returned my rMini after 1 month, and the person taking the return had the message "Return period expired" or something like that flash on their screen. Their computer systems didn't know. She punched in some other button, and voila! Returned. Just ask.

https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/sales-policies/retail_us.html

"Apple Retail Store Purchase Policies...

Extended Holiday Return Period
    Items purchased between November 1, 2013 and December 25, 2013 may be returned through January 8, 2014. If you have the original receipt, you may receive a refund based on the original form of payment. If you have a gift receipt, we will offer you an Apple Gift Card. This extended period does not apply to iPhone. All other Sales Policies apply. https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/sales-policies/retail.html"

4. luckylisp macrumors 6502

Thanks Zboater. I'm not returning/exchanging, I was mainly just saying it was confusing and made me wonder if I would have a problem. You would think all the employees would know about the holiday return policy, but it doesn't seem to be the case. They seemed very adamant that it was 2 weeks when I asked. Strange.

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It's not uncommon for employees in a large company to "not get the memo". To anyone in that situation, I would suggest you politely ask to speak to a manager. Ask the manager if they can confirm whether there is a holiday return policy or not. You may also find a clueless manager. You can then point them to their official return policy. Usually when you confront someone in a retail situation like that politely and calmly, things go well. Problem is when people get all worked up and agitated. It tends to bring the worst out in people. :D

6. rajpatel thread starter macrumors regular

Woke up this morning and decided pretty definitively the mini has to go back. I decided now that the air is lighter, it's a better trade off. But the mini is so small, elegant and beautiful and also functional. Love it for everything except web browsing. But I want an all in one machine. My 4 does all these things great and I'm inactive anyway. My ipad is like my window to the world, I'm sorry to say. I only read on it, because I have an aversion to sound. Not human sound, mind you. Just electronic sound. Or sound or noise generated by dumb electric gadgets.

Human sound is beautiful or can be, not always. I just developed a real hatred of tv after watching a ton of it in the nineties.

7. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

So....you're getting an Air?

8. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

I just did this with an Air case. It applies to in-store purchases as well.

9. rajpatel thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure. One thing is certain, I must and will have at least a full size ipad. The huge relief I have felt ever since getting my ipad out of the pawn shop couple wks ago never went away. Wks of web browsing on mini was tiring but I simply didn't realize it till my ipad 4 was back from da pawn shop after a month absence.

And boy, was he a welcome sight. Using the 4 for 2 wks after using the mini retina for two wks, is like driving a honda accord after driving a civic. More comfortable for me. Even if the Rmini is this pretty, seductive little thing.

So I'm thinking of exchanging the rmini for the air, and selling my 4 to GameStop for 180 cash or just keeping the present arrangement. I like this setup I have now . My ps3 is in the pawn shop for just 50. I refuse to touch it again.i don't know when I can afford a ps4 but I won't be playing video games till then. Already it's been two months since I played one. Gta 5

I like to limit games to a few moderate months per year,but I love to read and so I love iPads. They are great for that, both books and web browsing. And finally buying an itouch a year ago after years of looking at them in walmart got me into this ipad and iPhone and ipod format which is all essentially the same thing in different sizes. Anyway one of the things I love is how my iPads never ever get hot no matter what even though they have no off switch and my crappy hp pavilion laptop used to get so hot after half hr even when just few months old

10. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

Yet you're returning a product because you didn't research your needs first.....

:rolleyes:

11. rajpatel thread starter macrumors regular

Learn to read, moron. I said to return it once is 100 percent ok in my opinion.
    Abuse begins after that point.

And it's not a question of research. After two weeks of use I found that extended web browsing on the mini is tiring. I can't stand in the apple store for two weeks to deduce this pre-purchase.

Don't try to turn this around on me. I'm virtually the only person on this board calling out the return abusers and you are trying to fault me for one possible return which is pretty unlikely as I love the mini when I already stated clearly I feel for anyone to return a product one time is 100 percent ok. Pretty unambiguous language

12. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

I wonder which is worse: an immature 3 year old in a (presumably) adult body, or a return abuser.

:rolleyes:

13. Vctr macrumors regular

Relax bro ... you'll get through this.

14. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

I can read just fine.

People return iPads numerous times because of legitimate flaws (even if you don't think so), but you want to return an iPad simply because you didn't research your needs, and presumably have a good iPad.

I'm not faulting your decision, but you can't call out others for doing basically the same thing in the end - returning a purchase for whatever reason, whether it be once or numerous times.

I hope you get a good Air, and won't have to return it, cause then you'd be within that category of people with so called 'mental problems'.

:)

In any case, there was no need for any insult in your first post as it didn't pertain to your question.