Does the Firefox beta/Aurora/Nightly have Lion features yet?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by xTRIGGER092x, Nov 18, 2011.

1. xTRIGGER092x macrumors regular

It's been months since Lion released and yet Firefox (or at least the stable version) only works on Lion, supporting little (if any) of it's features. The native scrollbar, full screen, page swipe, pinch to zoom, and more are nowhere to be seen. For those with the unfinished versions, have they implemented any of these features yet?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I take it that it is too difficult to download Aurora and try it for yourself?

3. xTRIGGER092x, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011

xTRIGGER092x thread starter macrumors regular

It is, actually. I've read up on it and it turns out that it isn't as simple as just installing it; if you already have a version of Firefox (in my case, stable), you have to go through some process to be able to install Aurora and use both, and it isn't worth going through just to see, so a simple answer from someone on here would suffice.

4. mjo404 macrumors newbie

is that too difficult for you to say "yes" or "no" to the question instead of being completely unhelpful?

5. charlieroberts macrumors 6502a

charlieroberts

I have Aurora (don't remember it being difficult to install but, also don´t mind yo asking hehe)

And I just opened it, updated it, and at first glance there is no full screen a la lion, just the standard firefox fullscreen... which might be more useful since it doesn't black out the other screens!

so... not yet

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Same here. I currently run three different versions of Firefox--Nightly, Aurora, and Firefox (release version)--on Lion. I have no issues with any of them. I have no idea where the OP gets the information that he "reads-up" on, but I have never seen the kind of process of which he speaks for any version of Firefox--released or developmental--ever.

I put it up to ghost stories.

7. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

The only "issue" that I have experienced with having both Firefox and Aurora installed, is that it won't allow you to run both concurrently. If you try, you get a pop-up stating "A copy of Firefox is already open. Only one copy of Firefox can be open at a time."

Aurora has added better support for the two-finger swipe navigation gestures, but it seems like most of the effort has gone into "experimental features" for Android tablets. However, I haven't used it much. Download it for yourself and play with it.

8. strabes macrumors regular

Old thread I know, but I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I updated Firefox nightly and discovered that the Lion full-screen feature had been added last night. Typing this from Firefox Nightly build 14.0a1 (2012-03-22) in native full screen mode! See the attached screen shot of mission control.

Attached Files: