Does the FullBodyFilms front cover cause problems with the "touch?"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SandersHokie, Aug 8, 2008.

1. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

I'm thinking of getting it because I just don't want a case that will cover up my entire phone and diminish it from the way it looks. I am concerned that if I get the FullBodyFilms it may screw up the way the screen allows me to touch, i.e., won't recognize as nicely as it does without. Also, is it very visible with it on, i.e., will it diminish the look of the phone?

Also, is it better to use the anti-glare or the clear one? I'm leaning towards the clear one to keep the look in tact, but I've read the anti-glare one keeps scratches and finger prints away better.

thanks for any advice!

2. Frank8898 macrumors newbie

I just got the pack the other day. The clear one works perfect....there is a little space open around the home button but its barely any. I dunno if its the same with the other skins. You can barely notice it unless you are actually looking for it. But fingerprints go on like nothing, though the glass without the skin is probably worse I think. Didn't get to try the anti-glare though.

I accidentally messed up the back film after not putting on right (because I messed up multiple times) but from the three days I had it on the phone, it felt really nice. Better grip with it than the phone without skin

3. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks. Does it mess with the touch screen any. Like hinder the touching ability? Haha as fruity as yhat sounds

4. Frank8898 macrumors newbie

err...Not really. It feels fine. The screen responds perfectly. haha all that makes me annoyed is the fact that its all oily after a while of use. But thats not a problem, just wipe it off.

5. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

so it protects from scratches well? I mean finger prints get on it without it so that isn't a worry. I just don't want to have a case covering the whole phone up

6. Frank8898 macrumors newbie

yeah i felt that way too. the front rarely gets scratched with our without a skin from what I hear but I feel more safe with the film on anyways. I can't really comment on the back. But it felt pretty sturdy. What color phone do you have? I totally screwed it up, got dust on it and what not and ended up with tons of air bubbles. Haha, the bubbles didn't really go away after a couple days so I just went and took it off. I think the corners of the back film makes it look kinda weird. But maybe cause I screwed up. You probably won't so don't worry bout it. So I went online and I found the Griffin holster case thingy on sale for 9.99. Probably cause they discontinued the brown color.

7. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

8. Frank8898 macrumors newbie

yeah. Im using the white one...so. But overall I'm pretty satisfied with the film. I might email them about a replacement back film..but I feel to lazy. Customer support seems to be run by one guy. Heck the whole company seems to be run by one guy.

9. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502

Customer support seems to be run by one guy. Heck the whole company seems to be run by one guy.

He's great, though. I had a problem with my order (never received it) and he made it right. It took a couple of days for the e-mail to be answered, but he was very courteous.:)

10. TheOnlyFTG macrumors newbie

Did the back film leave any residue when you took it off?

I just got the protection pack, and after a while I finally got the front anti-glare one on. Was enfuriating cuz there always seemed to get dust or tiny hairs under it which made air bubbles, ut after 4 times, I got it right.

I'm worried the same thing will happen with the back film. When I messed up with the front film, it came off easily cuz it uses static electricity or something, but the back part instructions says that it uses an adhesive. When you took it off, did it leave a residue on the phone?