Does the HiRes display really make a difference?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MultiMediaWill, Jan 18, 2011.

1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

For the 15" macbook pro do the extra pixels make a difference?

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Dunno about the 15" but my 17" hi res makes other displays look like they have a dpi of lego blocks. I can fit whatever I want onto the screen, clear as day.

3. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Any chance you can extend your post to hive us a hint as to what you use it for???

4. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

Mostly surfing the web and typing up college essays.

5. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Well, the high res screen will make putting two documents or webpages next to each other easier. So if you're writing essays about the effectiveness of webpages or something, you can type while you're looking at the target page.

Obviously you can still do this with the normal res screen, but the higher res will just make it easier. If you don't have problems with your vision, and you can afford the extra money, you might as well go for it.

6. Danekero macrumors member

For web surfing and office documents, the higher res display on the 15" is probably unnecessary if you're strictly budgeted. Some of the people to whom it's most important are people who use 1. multiple programs at once that show live data that you want to watch and 2. art production apps, like CS and Final Cut.

HOWEVER - the higher resolution display WILL make a difference. It will definitely improve your workflow simply because you can fit more on the screen, and it will make reading and writing smaller text and watching high res videos much easier. It's certainly optional for you, but I'd still consider it if you have the budget because it will definitely improve your overall experience tremendously.

7. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

this would depend on what you plan to do with the macbook
    my friend noticed i difference, but he is always enlarging his photos to adjust very minor things. Or editing video ect...